Importing SSL certificates
For web service calls to BMC Remedy ITSM over SSL, you must import the valid Midtier server certificate.
You can import certificates into TrueSight Infrastructure Management manually by performing a set of steps or by running the
pw certificate import command.
The ability to run the
pw certificate import command is available only from version 11.3.02 of TrueSight Infrastructure Management.
To import the certificates via CLI
To import the certificates manually
- From a browser, download the required certificates from the BMC Remedy IT Service Management (BMC Remedy ITSM) environment and save them to a local disk in a file (for example, Test.cer).
- Ensure that you export the chain of certificates in a sequence - you must first import the parent and then the child certificate.
- On the BMC TrueSight server, go to the command prompt and change the directory to BMC_ProactiveNet_HOME\jre\bin.
- Run the following command:
keytool -import -keystore cacerts -file Test.cer
- Additionally, import these certificates to the TrueSight keystore, using the following command:
keytool -import –keystore BMC_ProactiveNet_HOME\pronto\conf\pnserver.ks -file Test.cer
- Restart the BMC TrueSight server.