Enabling CI-based routing
Before incidents are routed to the correct group, you must first enable CI-based routing. Routing incidents based on certain rules ensures that the incidents are resolved faster. For more information, see Incident routing.
Routing rules are applicable to Infrastructure Event tickets only.
To enable CI-based routing
- From the Application list on the left side of the page, click Administrator Console > Application Administration Console > Custom Configuration > Incident Management > Advanced options > Rules.
- On the Incident Rules form, in the CI Based Routing and Assignment options area, select the check boxes to enable routing for Causal and Service CIs.
- To enable incident assignment based on the Supported By group associated with the CI, select the Enable Supported By Group check box for Causal and/or Service CI.
- To enable incident assignment based on the CI location, select the Enable CI Based Location Assignment check box for Causal and/or Service CI.
- For routing incidents, CI location is considered instead of customer location only if Infrastructure Event is set to Yes in the Systems Supported area of the Configure Assignment Administrative form.
To enable incident assignment based on the resolution product category, select the Enable Resolution Product Categories check box for the Causal CI.
For a Service CI, a ticket is assigned based on product categories. For more information, see Incident routing.