Reconciling workflow objects
This topic provides information about how to reconcile the following workflow objects in BMC Remedy Developer Studio:
- Active Link
- Active Link Guide
- Filter Guide
To reconcile workflow objects from the snapshot results
- In the AR System Navigator, open Snapshots Results on your upgraded server and double-click Objects to Reconcile.
The Objects to Reconcile list is displayed. (If you have not created this list, see Performing AR reconciliation to learn how.)
Expand the workflow list for reconciliation.
Double-click the workflow or right-click the workflow and click View Differences.
You must select the pre-upgrade server from the Settings panel so that you can reconcile the objects directly by double-clicking the object.
Double-click the property for which you want to see the differences.
The Difference Editor for the property appears.
For more information, see Reviewing the object definitions using the Difference Editor.
You must use the Editor tab or Properties tab for reconciliation. The Editor tab displays the list of definitions, and the Properties tab displays the list of properties.
- Check and reconcile the properties by replicating them from the new definition to the overlay definition. You can reconcile your properties using the following methods:
- Click Move from Old to replace your overlay object property with the old object property. You might use this option to replace modifications if other changes have made the modifications obsolete, but where you still do not want the recent changes that BMC made.
Click Move from New to replace your overlay object property with the new object property introduced after upgrade. This option adopts changes that BMC made in your overlay, replacing anything that you have modified.
You can use the above substeps for a specific node level only.
Right-click to use the Copy and Paste options where you want to directly replace the overlay object property with the new object property.
You can use these options for the entire section only. For example, you cannot copy an individual check box from the new definition and paste it in the overlay definition. For more information about the copy and paste feature in BMC Remedy Developer Studio, see in the BMC Remedy AR System online documentation.
- Right-click the panel that you want to reconcile from the new definition and select Copy.
Right-click the same panel in the overlay definition and select Paste.
The existing overlay object is updated to replace the old panel with the changes from the new panel.
For lists, permissions, and associated forms, the existing overlay object is updated to merge the changes from the new definition without losing the customizations.
Edit the changes from the new definition property into your overlay definition property. You must compare your new definition property with the overlay definition property and modify your overlay object manually to reconcile the changes.
For complex properties, verify the property values in the new definition and reconcile the changes in your overlay definition by editing the property inline.
To change the overlay type of the granular component to No Overlay, click Remove from Granular Overlay. Based on the property, if it is a permission or other definition the overlay type is set to No overlay.
When you choose the remove overlay for a specific property, the entire granular component to which the property belongs will be set to No overlay.
- Click Next Diff or Previous Diff to navigate through the Differences List instead of scrolling through the list. Use First Diff to go to the top of the list.
- Copy or edit all the properties for your workflow as mentioned in step 5.
- Save the properties and confirm if you want to mark the object as reconciled. If you click:
- Yes — the Reconciled check box is selected in the Objects to Reconcile list indicating that the object is reconciled.
- No — the Reconciled check box is not selected in the Objects to Reconcile list indicating that you have not completed reconciliation.
To reconcile all the objects, repeat steps 2 through 8.
You can also use the Reconciled check box to keep track of the objects that are already reconciled. The check box is selected automatically when you confirm that you have completed reconciliation after saving the changes.
- Save the changes to complete reconciliation.
After you save the changes and close the object, when you open the object again, the Objects to Reconcile list does not display the properties that are already reconciled. When you turn the Only show changes to reconcile filter OFF, you will see all the changes including the ones that are already reconciled.
To reconcile workflow objects from the Objects list
If you know the objects that are modified in the new definition or you want to compare your overlay objects manually with the old definition and the new definition, you can directly open the Objects list from the All Objects list and reconcile them. For steps to reconcile, see in BMC Remedy AR System online documentation.