Performing the BMC Atrium Core Web Services upgrade
The BMC Atrium Core installer upgrades BMC Atrium Core Web Services and the BMC Atrium Core Web Registry.
If BMC Atrium CMDB and BMC Atrium Core Web Services are on the same computer both are upgraded together. If BMC Atrium Core web services are on a different computer, you must upgrade BMC Atrium Core Web Services after you upgrade BMC Remedy AR System and upgrade BMC Atrium CMDB.
During the upgrade you will be prompted to upgrade to Tomcat 7.0.59. You can choose to use your existing version of Tomcat or upgrade to the latest version. BMC recommends that you use the latest Tomcat version.
Before you begin
If you have not already done so, perform the tasks in Preparing for the BMC Atrium Core upgrade.
If you have not done so already, prepare the system to run the installers. If you want to run in nonadmin mode on Windows, see Preparing a Windows environment. If you want to run in nonroot mode on UNIX, see Preparing a UNIX environment.
To upgrade BMC Atrium Core Web Services
- If you have not already done so, download the BMC Atrium Core installer on a computer other than where you installed the AR System server.
- Unzip the installer.
- Navigate to the Disk 1 folder.
- Start the installer.
- For Windows, run setup.cmd.
- For UNIX, run setup.bin.
- In the lower right corner of the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
- In the AR System Server Information panel, perform the following actions:
- Enter BMC AR System username and password.
- Enter BMC AR System port number and host name.
- Navigate to the directory in which you want to install BMC Atrium CMDB.
The default locations are:
- (Windows) C:\Program Files\BMC Software\AtriumCore
- (UNIX or Linux) /opt/bmc/AtriumCore
- Click Next.
The installer validates the system resources of your computer.
- In the Install mode panel, select Upgrade, and then click Next.
During upgrade, only existing BMC Atrium Core components are upgraded.
- In the Confirmation panel, confirm that you have backed up the database and met the memory requirements. Then Click Yes, and then click Next.
- (Optional) If any pre-check errors occur, the Pre-Checks for BMC Atrium Core panel is displayed with the details. Fix the errors and then proceed with the installation.
The Run Health Check panel appears. For more information, see Troubleshooting BMC Atrium Core issues.
- Perform the following steps, as required:
- To run additional validation tests, click Next.
- Otherwise, select the No option, and then click Next.
The health check is run after the upgrade. The installer validates your inputs, and then the Installation Preview panel appears, listing the product and product features that will be installed.
- Click Install.
A summary of the installation appears.
- Click View Log to review the installer log for any errors or warnings. The install logs are available at the following location:
- (Windows) C:\Users_<installUser>_\AppData\Local\Temp\atriumcore_install_log.txt
- (UNIX and Linux) \tmp\atriumcore_install_log.txt
- Close the log when you finish.
- Click Done to exit the BMC Atrium Core installer.
Troubleshooting the BMC Atrium Core upgrade
Consult the following topics for information about issues you might encounter during the upgrade:
Where to go from here
|Up to process|
When you have finished upgrading the platform, return to the appropriate upgrade process: