Optional components that you can install
When you install BMC Remedy Mid Tier by using the suite installer, the following optional features are installed (if you select them):
- Tomcat JSP engine — The Tomcat JSP engine is installed in <ARSystemInstallDir>\<serverID>\tomcat.
In BMC Remedy AR System 9.x, you can install Tomcat version 7 and later. If you select this option, the installer checks for versions of Tomcat and displays messages accordingly:
- No Tomcat version is detected — You can either install Tomcat by using the BMC Remedy Mid Tier installer or choose not to install Tomcat.
- Unsupported Tomcat version is detected — The installer displays a message indicating that you need to install the supported Tomcat version before continuing with the installation.
- Different supported Tomcat version is detected — The installer displays a message indicating that the supported version is already present. You can install version 6.0.20 or use the version that you already have installed.
- Same Tomcat version is detected — BMC Remedy Mid Tier installation continues.
- (Windows only) ARWebReportViewer application — If you have BusinessObjects Enterprise XI installed, the ARWebReportViewer application is installed. The minimum amounts of free space required for the mid tier host are as follows:
- 120,000 KB during installation
- 40,000 KB after installation