Installing BMC Service Level Management Collection Point
Starting with the version 9.1.04, BMC will no longer provide support for the SLM Collection Point and all BMC provided integrations making use of the SLM Collection Point.
- To significantly reduce installation time, do not install products over a WAN.
- To avoid configuration problems, accept the default values displayed in the installer unless you have a valid reason to modify them.
- Install BMC Service Level Management Collection Point on a different computer than BMC Service Level Management Primary Server.
Java SE 8_u45 and higher is supported. Older versions are not supported.
When installing BMC Service Level Management Collection Point:
- Unix non-root mode: You must have write access to \etc, \opt\bmc folder, and the install location.
- Windows non-admin mode: You must have write access to the install location, and %windir% directory.
- Download the BMC Service Level Management installer, or navigate to the installation directory on the CD.
- Navigate to the Collection Point\Disk 1 folder.
- (UNIX) If you are running the installer as a nonroot user, perform the steps listed in Preparing to install as a nonroot user, before you start the installer.
- Start the installer:
- (Microsoft ) Run setup.exe.
(UNIX) Run setup.bin.
- In the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
- On the Directory Selection panel, navigate to the directory in which you want to install BMC Service Level Management.
The default locations are as follows:
- (Windows) C:\Program Files\BMC Software\CollectionPoint
- (UNIX or Linux)/opt/bmc/Collection Point
- Click Next.
- On the SLM Collection Point Point Number Information panel, enter the Port Number, and then click Next.
The default is 7089.
On the SLM Collection Point Java Platform Information panel, browse to the JRE path, and then click Next.
The version of JRE should be equal to the version of JRE for BMC Proactivenet Performance Management (BPPM). For example, if the version of JRE for BPPM is 1.7 update 55, then the version of JRE for BMC Service Level Management Collection Point should be atleast 1.7.
After you have entered the required information, the installer validates your inputs, and then the Installation Preview panel appears, listing the product and product features that will be installed. You are nearly finished with the Collection Point installation.
- Click Install.
The installer installs the Collection Point. After post-installation cleanup, a summary of the installation appears.
- Click View Log to review the SEVERE error messages or WARNINGS in the product installer log.
See whether errors are due to network, host, or other environment-related issues. You can view a log file of the installation:
- Windows: C:\Users\<installUser>\AppData\Local\Temp\slm_install_log.txt
- UNIX or Linux: /tmp/slm_install_log.txt
- Close the log when you are finished.
- Click Done to exit the BMC Service Level Management installer.