Installing BMC Remedy Smart Reporting 9.1.04.002
This topic provides instructions for downloading and installing Patch 2 for BMC Remedy Smart Reporting version 9.1.04.
Before you begin
Before you install the patch, ensure that you review the following guidelines:
Consider the following scenarios:
Scenario Steps to perform BMC Remedy Smart Reporting is installed on a stand alone machine. Run the AR System patch installer. For instructions, see the steps provided in this topic. BMC Remedy Smart Reporting and BMC Remedy AR System 9.1.04 are installed on the same server
- You must have installed or upgraded to BMC Remedy Smart Reporting 9.1.04 before running the patch installer.
- You must have deployed the BMC Remedy AR System 9.1.04.002 package. For instructions, see 9.1.04.002: Patch 2 for version 9.1.04.
- If the default %TEMP% directory has insufficient space, increase the available space or change its location.
- If the java version is upgraded to a new version on the machine where BMC Remedy Smart Reporting 9.1.04 is installed, update the java path as mentioned in Updating Java paths after upgrading, and then start the patch installation.
Reviewing the patches currently installed on your computer
To review all the current patches installed on your computer, perform the following steps:
Open the Maintenance Tool (installed under C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\arsystem).
Click Browse to Log.
Scroll through the Navigation pane to find the <Product>InstalledConfiguration.xml file for the product patch that you installed. For example:
C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\ARSystemInstalledConfiguration.xml
Double-click the file to open it in the Maintenance Tool.
Click the Product Feature Map tab.
Installing the patch and reviewing the results
Perform the following steps to install BMC Remedy Smart Reporting 9.1.04.002:
- Download the patch installer from the BMC Electronic Product Download site, or navigate to the installation directory on the CD. For example,
ARSuiteKitWindows.zip. For more information on downloading, see Downloading the installation files.
- Unzip the AR installer.
- Navigate to the Disk 1 folder.
- Start the installer:
- For Windows, run the setup.exe.
- For UNIX, log on as root and run setup.bin.
- In the lower right corner of the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
On the Patch contents panel, open the URL to review what is included in the patch, and then click Next.
- If you have the BMC Remedy AR System server installed on the computer and the value of the environment variable BMC_AR_SYSTEM_HOME is set to the specified location where the AR System server is installed, the BMC Remedy AR System User Inputs panel will be displayed.
- If you have only installed BMC Remedy Mid Tier or BMC Remedy Smart Reporting on the computer, the BMC Remedy AR System User Inputs panel will not be displayed.
On the Installation Preview panel, review the list of patch fixes that you are installing, and then click Install.
When the patch installation is finished and the Installation Summary panel appears, click View Log to review the SEVERE error messages or warnings in the product installer log.
See whether errors are due to network, host, or other environment-related issues. The installation log is located in the %TEMP% folder of your computer. For example:
Close the log when you finish.
Click Done to exit the patch installer.
Use the Maintenance Tool to review the patch information.
To install the patch in a cluster environment
To install the patch on a cluster environment, perform the following steps:
- Remove the administrator server from the load balancer.
- On the administrator server, install the patch by following the instructions that are provided in this topic.
- Enable the administrator server on the load balancer.
- On each of the non-administrator servers, perform the following steps:
- Remove the non-administrative server from the load balancer.
- Install the patch by following the instructions that are provided in this topic.
- Enable the server on the load balancer.
Preparing to install the patch as a nonroot user
To prepare for installing the patch as a nonroot user follow the instructions that are provided in
Performing a silent installation
Create a text file called Options.txt and add the following options that correspond to user inputs.
-J BMC_AR_SERVER_NAME=<Server Alias>
Open a command window and navigate to the Disk 1 folder.
Run the installer with the
setup.exe -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE= <pathToFile>\Options.txt
setup.bin -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE= <pathToFile>/Options.txt
You must use an absolute path to the Options.txt file.
After installing the patch
After installing the patch, if the Java version on your machine is upgraded to a newer version, BMC Remedy AR system and BMC Remedy Smart Reporting may not work. For the BMC Remedy AR System and BMC Remedy Smart Reporting to work successfully after the Java version upgrade, you must update the Java paths by using the instructions mentioned in Updating Java paths after upgrading.
Where to go from here
- For information about the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting issues corrected in this patch, see
To install other platform and application components, return to 9.1.04.002: Patch 2 for version 9.1.04.