Installing BMC Atrium Core 9.1.04
This topic contains the following information:
- You must install or upgrade to a minimum version of BMC Remedy AR System server 9.1.04 before you install BMC Atrium Core 9.1.04.
The BMC Atrium Core 9.1.04 installer is stand-alone in nature. You do not require an installation of BMC Atrium Core 9.1.00 as a prerequisite to installing BMC Atrium Core 9.1.04.
(UNIX) You must install the
bcutility on a UNIX computer before you run the BMC Atrium Core 9.1.04 installer.
To connect to the
AIntRepositoryon the BMC Remedy AR System server 9.1.04. run the Atrium Integrator 9.1.04 client installer to deploy BMC Atrium Integrator Spoon.
Before you begin
- Download the latest version as described in BMC Remedy ITSM Suite components and installers.
- Before you run the installer, print a copy of your worksheets available in the Complete the planning spreadsheet.
- Read Preparing for installation and perform the procedures in this topic.
- For information about open issues and possible workarounds related to installing BMC Atrium Core 9.1.04, review Platform installation and upgrade known and corrected issues.
- Make sure that the AR System server to which BMC Atrium Core connects is running.
- If you are using BMC Atrium web services, ensure that the Tomcat is running and is accessible before you upgrade.
- Review the port information given in Understanding port numbers.
Choose different installation directories for the AR System server and for BMC Atrium Core. BMC recommends that you accept the default installation directory that is provided for these products during installation. Choose different directories for your AR System server and BMC Atrium Core. If you install both of these products in the same directory, certain library errors might occur.
Make sure that no users are logged in to the AR System server during the installation.
Installing BMC Atrium Core 9.1.04
You can update a specific feature or all features with the installer.
- If you previously installed any features by using the original BMC Atrium Core 9.1.00 installer, the check boxes for these features are automatically selected when you run a service pack installer. If you leave the check boxes selected, the features are upgraded. If you clear the check boxes, the features are not upgraded, but they remain on your computer.
- If you install any features by using BMC Atrium Core service pack installer (instead of the release 9.1.00 installer), and then you use that service pack installer again to install another feature on the same computer, the check boxes for the previously installed features are selected. These features are not re-installed, but the installer checks for missing files and restores them if necessary.
Validating the installation of version 9.1.04
To validate the installation of BMC Atrium Core 9.1.04, check to see if the following changes have occurred:
- The Version application property against each component of BMC Atrium Core on the SHARE:Application_Properties form is set to 9.1.04.000000.
- The Patch application property on the SHARE:Application_Properties form is reset to 000000 if you had previously installed a patch such as 9.1.00.001.
- The version number on the BMC Atrium Core console is set to 9.1.04.000000. (To view the version number, click About on the BMC Atrium Core console.)