Creating a backup of your jobs and transformations
If the Atrium Integrator server fails to create a backup of your jobs and transformations during upgrade, you must do so manually.
To create a backup of your jobs and transformations
- Open the aiexportutility utility in a text editor.
The utility is located in the AtriumIntegratorInstallDir\server\utility directory, where AtriumIntegratorInstallDir is the Atrium Integrator server installation directory. For example, on Microsoft Windows, you might find the utility under C:\Program Files (x86)\BMC Software\AtriumIntegrator\server\utility.
- Set the $UTILITYPATH$, $OLD_AI_INSTALL_PATH$ and $BMC_JAVA_HOME$ parameters to reflect the Java home path, the Atrium Integrator 7.6.04 server home path, and the utility directory path, respectively:
- To set $OLD_AI_INSTALL_PATH$, replace the existing value of this parameter with the path of the data-integration folder within the Atrium Integrator server 7.6.04 home directory. For example, if you installed the Atrium Integrator server on a Windows computer, set $OLD_AI_INSTALL_PATH$ to C:\Program Files (x86)\BMC Software\AtriumIntegrator7604\server\data-integration.
- Replace the existing value of $UTILITYPATH$ with the path of the utilities folder residing under the Atrium Integrator server installation directory. For example, if you are upgrading the Atrium Integrator server on a Windows computer, set $UTILITYPATH$ to C:\Program Files (x86)\BMC Software\AtriumIntegratorLatest\server\utility.
- Replace the existing value of $AR_SERVER_HOME$ with the current AR installation path.
- Set the (Windows) C:\Program Files (x86)\BMC Software\AtriumIntegrator7604\server and (Unix) $1 parameter to the value same as that of the $OLD_AI_INSTALL_PATH$ parameter.
- Save your changes.
- Run the aiexportutility utility.
When running the utility, you must specify the old Atrium Integrator 7.6.04 installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BMC Software\AtriumIntegrator7604\server
- (Microsoft Windows) Run the aiexportutility. cmd file.
- (UNIX) Run the ./aiexportutility.sh command.
A backup of all your jobs and transformations (as .kjb and .ktr files) is created in the AI7604RepositoryBackup folder under the ARSystem directory, located at C:\Program Files\BMC Software.