Connecting AR System data source with a replicated read-only AR database
Beginning with 9.1.02, BMC Remedy Smart Reporting users can connect with a read-only replicated AR database for reporting operations. If you want to keep the AR production database unaffected and yet allow BMC Remedy Smart Reporting users to continue with the reporting operations, you must connect your AR System data source with a read-only replicated AR database.
To avoid license update related issues, you must complete the user onboarding process by connecting with a read/write AR production database. After completing the user onboarding process, perform the following steps to connect your AR System data source with a read-only replicated AR database.
BMC Remedy Smart Reporting database must always be in read/write mode.
- Log in to BMC Remedy Mid Tier as BMC Remedy Smart Reporting administrator.
- Navigate to Applications > BMC Remedy Smart Reporting > BMC Smart Reporting console.
- On the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting console, navigate to Administration > Admin console > Data sources.
- Click AR System connection.
- Under the Connection section, in the Host field, enter the AR Server host name which is connected to the read-only replicated AR database.
- Under the Test Connection section, click Click here to test connection to check if the connection works.
- Click Save to complete the connection setup.