Configuring the Delta Data Migration tool
To improve the performance of your delta data migration, perform the following steps:
Enabling delta data migration count
By default, the DDM command window shows count percentage of the data migrated, which takes a few milliseconds every time the count percentage is calculated. The count percentage is calculated when the
count-enabled attribute is set to true. If you have a large number of records to migrate, you can disable this attribute to improve performance of your data migration.
To improve DDM performance
Navigate to the <BMC Remedy Migrator installation directory>/migrator folder, and open the Migrator Configuration.xml file.
count-enabledattribute to false.
After you perform this configuration, you no longer view the percentage of the migration completed while the DDM is running.
Optionally, to see the percentage of the migration that is finished while DDM is running, set count enabled back to true.
Setting the environment variable
To complete the delta data migration without DLL errors, ensure that you set the PATH environment variable and update the Migrator Configuration.xml file with your BMC Remedy Migrator installation directory path.
To configure the installation path
Set the PATH environment variable with the following path to allow access to the Migrator directory:
";C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Migrator\migrator\"
- From the <BMC Remedy Migrator installation directory>, navigate to the DeltaDataMigration folder and open the Configuration.xml file.
Search for the
deltatag and update the
migrator-dirparameter with your BMC Remedy Migrator installation directory path.Example
<delta Threshold="2" work-dir=".\Working" migrator-dir="E:\Program Files\BMC Software\Migrator\migrator">
Perform the following
Threshold configuration, only if you get a missing entry error when running the DDM tool:
- In the configuration.xml file, increase the Threshold parameter value.
- Rerun the Delta Data Migration tool.
For more information about the errors generated and configuring the
Thresholdparameter, see Resolving Threshold errors.
Configuring date and time format using Delta Data Migration tool
Perform the following steps to configure the date and time format using the Delta Data Migration tool:
- Navigate to the C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Migrator\migrator\DeltaDataMigration folder, and open the Migrator configuration.xml file.
- In the configuration.xml file, set the time and date format in the following line:
<delta work-dir=".\Working" migrator-dir="C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Migrator\migrator" date-format="%d %m %Y" time-format="%H:%M:%S">
Set the date and time as per your server timezone.Examples of date and time format specifiers
Format specifier Format Example %d/%m/%Y dd/mm/yyyy
%b %e, %Y
Mth d, yyyy
Mar 25, 2019
%B %e, %Y
Month d, yyyy
March 25, 2019
- Check and set the ARDATE environment-variable on the destination server according to your server timezone. For more information, see
Additional best practice configurations
As a best practice, perform the following configurations to avoid outages during the DDM caused by network issues or an automated restart of your system.
If the machine on which you are performing the delta data migration:
- Is configured to auto restart after a Microsoft Windows software update, the migration activity that you are performing will be terminated. Therefore, before you start any DDM activity, turn off any auto Microsoft Windows updates.
- Is not in the same physical location as the source and destination AR servers, you might encounter performance issues and timeouts. Therefore, ensure that you your DDM machine is set up close to the source and target AR servers.