Completing the BMC Remedy ITSM upgrade
After you upgrade BMC Remedy ITSM, follow the procedures in this topic to verify the upgrade is functioning correctly or make changes as recommended.
If you have Smart IT or MyIT installed and then upgraded BMC Remedy ITSM or applied a service pack or patch, you must reinstall the Smart IT MyIT User Experience patch.
For details, see .
To manually delete asset attributes
During the upgrade, a new table structure for the BMC Remedy ITSM asset attributes is created and the lifecycle data is copied from the BMC Atrium CMDB to the AST:Attributes form in BMC Remedy ITSM. Also, workflow is created to keep the data synchronized. If you want, you can manually delete the attributes in the CMDB by running the DeleteCMDBAttributesUtility that is available in the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite installation directory. For more information and details, see .
To perform a health check of BMC Remedy ITSM
Use the Health Check tab in the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite Maintenance tool to run a post installation health check on your files.
The health check uses a bill of materials (BOM) file from each BMC Remedy ITSM application to verify that the application forms and workflows that you chose to install were installed properly. The health check reports on any parts of the product that are broken.
See Collecting logs, diagnostics and performing system health check using the Maintenance Tool for more information.
To verify Knowledge Management plug-ins are present
Verify whether the BMC Remedy Knowledge Management plugin entries are present in the pluginsvr_config.xml. If plug-in entries are not present, update plugin server Configuration entries for BMC Remedy Knowledge Management plug-ins.
- Stop the BMC Remedy AR System server.
- Copy the entries from attached rkm_plugins.txt.
- Update pluginsvr_config.xml located at <InstallDirectory>\ARSystem\pluginsvr with the entries from the rkm_plugins.txt.
After copying the entries ensure that you have updated installation directory path.
Start BMC Remedy AR System server.
For the instructions, see Starting and stopping the BMC Remedy AR System server.
Verify whether the port numbers of the following BMC Remedy Knowledge Management plug-ins exist in of the secondary or non-admin server .
Server-Plugin-Alias: RMDY.ITSM.RKM.FILESYSTEM RMDY.ITSM.RKM.FILESYSTEM <<server-name>>:<<port number>> Server-Plugin-Alias: RMDY.ITSM.RKM.FS.KAM.SYNC RMDY.ITSM.RKM.FS.KAM.SYNC <<server-name>>:<<port number>> Server-Plugin-Alias: RMDY.ITSM.RKM.LOGLEVEL.CHANGE RMDY.ITSM.RKM.LOGLEVEL.CHANGE <<server-name>>:<<port number>>
- If the port numbers are missing, append a port number to the server name and restart the BMC Remedy AR System server. The port value is the port number of AR plug-in server.
To update BMC Knowledge Management for popular articles
BMC Knowledge Management 8.0 and later includes an integration with BMC Service Request Management that displays the most popular articles in the Request Entry console. The popularity of an article is determined by its rating, use count, and number of views, as described in
in the BMC Service Request Management documentation.
By default, popularity is calculated only for articles created in version 8.0 and later. To include pre-8.0 articles in popularity calculations, run two escalations as described in the following procedure.
- You must run the escalations in the order shown in the procedure.
- Articles created in version 8.0 and later that are also appear in the popular articles list in the Request Entry console. However, you cannot tag pre-8.0 articles as favorites, and no upgrade is available for this functionality.
To include pre-8.0 articles in popularity calculations:
- From BMC Remedy Developer Studio, open the RKM:KAM:SyncTopSolutionsFeedbacksForUpgradeEscalation escalation.
- Create an overlay.
- Enable the escalation.
In the Run By field, select Time, and specify a time to run the escalation.
For more information, see in BMC Remedy AR System documentation.
- Click Save.
- After the escalation runs, disable it from BMC Remedy Developer Studio.
- Repeat steps 1 to 6 for the RKM:KAM:SyncTopSolutionsUseViewCountsForUpgradeEscalation escalation.
Where to go from here
|Next task||When you have finished the post-upgrade procedures for ITSM, proceed to Upgrading BMC Service Request Management.|
|Up to process|
If you have finished upgrading the applications, return to the appropriate upgrade process: