Collecting logs to troubleshoot patch deployment issues
When you apply a patch or hotfix, if package import fails.
Collect logs from the UI Console and from the individual servers (Need details of UI console and individual server) and send it to BMC Support.
To collect logs from the Deployment Management Console
- Log in to mid tier
- Open AR System Administration console > AR System Deployment Management console.
- Select the row that shows package deployment status as failed.
- Click Manage package > View
AR System Deployment Management form opens.
- Select Deployment Payload.
- Click View Payload Status button.
AR System Single Point Deployment Status form opens.
- Select a monitor type from the list.
The monitor details are displayed.
To collect logs from individual server
The package Deployment process logs will be created at directory \ARServer\Db\.
Send the following filest to BMC support:
For AR Server:
ar.cfg and armonitor.cfg
For Mid tier
arfiledeployer.log , armonitor.log located at <install directory>\midtier\filedeployer\Logs\
In case you see problem with Midtier Tomcat Process Start/Stop, colllect the associated tomcat application logs as well.