In version 9.1, several enhancements have been made in the suite The following interactive graphic summarizes these enhancements:
Call Home functionality to collect diagnostic information
- Version information of all Remedy products
- Server plug in configuration information
- Upgrade sequence and history (now also available for AR System Configuration Component Setting and SHARE:Application Properties forms along with the AR System Upgrade Tracker form)
Enabling the Call Home functionality allows the BMC Support to collect the diagnostic information on-demand and hence facilitates prompt debugging of related issues.
For more information on Call Home functionality, see Enabling Call Home to collect diagnostics.
Update Permission utility for the BMC Remedy Process Designer
The Update Permission utility rectifies the data errors on the BMC Remedy Process Designer forms. You can now restore the access to historical records in the Assignee Group field using the Update Permissions utility. When you upgrade BMC Remedy Process Designer, the Assignee Group field gets set to null, and hence the access restriction.
For more information on Update Permission utility, see Changing the Assignee Group field permission from public access.
Enhancements to multi-tenancy update
You no longer need to run the multi-tenancy update manually. The multi-tenancy update is now a part of the installer. As a result, the multi-tenancy update is now a simple process that eliminates the errors caused due to manual update. The multi-tenancy update automatically upgrades the data records for all the forms.
Enhancements to the platform components
For information about the enhancements that will be available when you upgrade the platform components to version 9.1, see the following release notes:
- from the BMC Remedy AR System online documentation
- from the BMC Atrium Core online documentation
Enhancements to the application components
For information about the enhancements that will be available when you upgrade the application components to version 9.1, see the following release notes:
- from the BMC Remedy ITSM online documentation
- from the BMC Service Level Management online documentation
- from the BMC Service Request Management online documentation