User acceptance testing
Before you can promote the staging server, you must perform the following user acceptance testing (UAT) tasks:
- Make a backup of the upgraded staging server database.
This backup is called the pre-UAT backup.
- Conduct your UAT using your test cases.
- If an issue arises:
- Identify a solution, or work with BMC Support to identify a solution.
- Apply any fixes to the server, and then validate the fixes.
- Make a copy of the fixes for use later.
- Complete all UAT tasks and obtain sign-off.
- Revert to the pre-UAT backup.
- Apply any fixes that were required during UAT.
- Work with the database administrator responsible for the staging server to back up the database.
This backup is called the UAT-Verified-Clean backup.
- If desired, run an additional test to validate that fixes have been applied correctly.
If no issues arise, the pre-UAT backup becomes the UAT-Verified-Clean backup.
After the upgrade is validated on the staging server, restore the system to the UAT-Verified-Clean backup. This ensures that any testing data used during the validation is removed and that the staging server is in a clean state for the delta data migration. Restore the staging server to the UAT-Verified-Clean backup.
- Prepare the destination server for delta data migration.
After the upgrade is complete and customizations are reapplied, the environment is ready for delta data migration.