Upgrading the BMC Remedy Mid Tier
- Consider the following points before you begin the installation:
- Ensure that the JAVA_HOME is set to a correct JDK path or is left blank.
- (For fresh installations) If you have already installed Tomcat on UNIX, ensure that the localhost folder is present in <TOMCAT_DIR>/conf/Catalina/localhost. Otherwise, start the Tomcat server manually before starting a fresh installation of BMC Remedy Mid Tier.
- If you have BMC Atrium Single Sign-On in your environment, you must redeploy the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On agent after upgrading BMC Remedy Mid Tier.
Consider the following points when installing BMC Remedy Mid Tier:
- (Unix non-root mode) You must have write access to \etc, \opt\bmc folder, and the install location.
- (Windows non-admin mode) You must have write access to the install location, and %windir% directory.
To upgrade BMC Remedy Mid Tier
- Download the BMC Remedy AR System installer on a computer other than where you installed the AR System server.
- Unzip the installer (for example, ARSuiteKitWindows.zip or ARSuiteKitLinux.zip).
- Open the Disk 1 folder.
- Start the installer and double-click setup.exe (for Windows) or setup.bin (for UNIX or Linux).
- In the lower-right corner of the Welcome pane, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
- Select Upgrade.
- Navigate to the directory in which you want to install BMC Remedy Mid Tier.
The default locations are C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem and /opt/bmc/ARSystem (UNIX and Linux).
- Select AR System Mid-Tier.
- Click Next.
The installer validates the system resources of your computer and displays a list of available features.
- Enter the correct JRE path, and then click Next.
- Enter the values from the planning spreadsheet for BMC Remedy Mid Tier.
After you have entered the required information, the installer validates your input, and then the Installation preview pane appears, listing the product and product features that will be upgraded.
- Click Next.
After post-installation cleanup, a summary of the installation appears.
- Click View Log to review the error messages in the product installer log.
See whether errors are due to network, host, or other environment-related issues. You can view a log file of the installation:
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\arsystem_install_log.txt (for Windows) and /tmp/arsystem_install_log.txt (for UNIX or Linux).
- To exit the AR System installer, click Done.
- Open the BMC Remedy Mid Tier Configuration Tool (http://<midTierServer>:<port>/arsys/shared/config/config.jsp).
The default password is arsystem.
- Click General Settings.
- Select the AR System server as the authentication server, and then click Save Changes.
- Log out.
- (Optional) Restart the BMC Remedy Mid Tier web service.
|To know about...||Refer to...|
|Known and corrected issues||Platform installation and upgrade known and corrected issues|
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you