Updating hard-coded server hostname references
BMC Remedy Action Request (AR) System and the BMC Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) applications store the server host name in several places in the database. You might need to update these host name references as you migrate data from a production environment to a test environment.
- Update references to the server host name on the following forms to use the correct server name:
- SYS:Attachments (If the out-of-the-box data is modified by replacing arserver or midtierserver with the host names, change only these values to the correct server name.
- (If BMC Service Request Management is installed) Perform the following actions:
- Go to Administrator Console > Custom Configuration > Service Request Management > Advanced > Application Settings.
- Open the SRM Application Settings form.
- Look for fields with the following labels (all of these fields contain references to the AR System Server host name and the Mid Tier names):
- Mid Tier Path
- URL to the Request Entry console
- AR Server Value for MidTier Configuration
- Change only these values to the correct server name.