Uninstalling encryption security
These instructions assume that you have installed or upgraded to BMC Remedy Action Request System 9.0.
By design, if more than one BMC Remedy AR System component was encrypted using the BMC Remedy Encryption Security installer, and you attempt to uninstall encryption from only one component, the encryption unistaller will be available to uninstall the remaining components.
To uninstall encryption on Microsoft Windows
You cannot uninstall standard security, because it is built into the BMC Remedy AR System application programming interface (API). To disable it, see in the BMC Remedy AR System documentation.
- Shut down any BMC Remedy AR System processes that are running.
- From the Start menu, select Settings > Control Panel.
- Double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon.
- In the Add or Remove Programs dialog box, select the appropriate encryption product:
- BMC Remedy Encryption Performance Security 9.0
- BMC Remedy Encryption Premium Security 9.0
- Click Change/Remove.
In the uninstaller Welcome screen, click Next.
At any time during setup, you can click Cancel to exit the uninstaller. However, your settings up to that point in the uninstallation process are not saved.
- In the Select Features screen, select the encryption product to uninstall.
- Click Next.
- In the Uninstallation Preview screen, review the information and perform one of these tasks:
- To change the uninstallation setup, click the Previous buttons and return to the screens that require editing.
- To start the uninstallation, click Uninstall .
- When the uninstallation is finished:
- (Optional) Click View Log to review the uninstall log file.
Click Done to exit the wizard.
- To remove the encryption libraries for a third-party or user-developed application, delete the arencrypt75.dll file from the folder that contains the application's arapi75.dll file.
- Restart the AR System server.
To uninstall encryption
You cannot uninstall standard security, because it is built into the BMC Remedy AR System 9.0 API. To disable it, see in the BMC Remedy AR System documentation.
- Shut down any BMC Remedy Action Request (AR) System processes that are running.
- Go to <RemedyEncryptionInstallDir>/uninstallRemedyEncryption.
- Run ./uninstall.bin.
Follow the wizard's prompts.
By default, Remedy components such as AR and Mid Tier are marked for uninstallation. You can either procede with the default selctions or opt to remove only Remedy Encryption Security.