Running the installer in silent mode
Before you begin
Before running the silent installer, you must create an Options.txt file. An example ARSystem-ini-template.txt file contains all of the options you can place in the Options.txt file. You can find the example file in the utility folder of the BMC Remedy AR System installer files.
To run the installer in silent mode
- Create an options.txt file that contains the options for the installer:
- Copy and paste options from the ARSystem-ini-template.txt file (usually found in the utility folder) into an options.txt file for the installation that you want to run.
- Use an options.txt file generated in an earlier installation.
- Create an options.txt file from an example options.txt file.
Using the worksheets in Completing the planning spreadsheet as a guide, edit the options accordingly, ensuring that you include the appropriate
Sets the installation directory for a product.
-P installLocation=C:\Program Files\ BMC Software\ARSystem
Specifies the products and features you want to install. The product and feature names are listed at the top of the ARSystem-ini-template.txt file. To install more than one product or feature, include the -A line for each.
-A product <productName>
-A feature <featureName>
-A product ARSuiteKit
-A feature Clients
Note: The product names are case sensitive. Refer to the ARSystem-ini-template.txt for complete product names.
Specifies Java properties that correspond to user inputs. See the ARSystem-ini-template.txt file for examples.
As you edit the options.txt file, apply the following guidelines:
- Remove the comment (#) markers.
- To use an encrypted password, use the
- In UNIX environments, ensure that no Ctrl+M characters appear in the options.txt file.
- Enter Yes for the
## BMC EULA Accept
- Run the installer with the
setup.exe -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE=c:\path\to\options.txt
./setup.bin -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE=/path/to/options.txt
By default, the installer migrates the Lucene 2.9 single-file Full Text Search (FTS) index into Lucene 4.9 schema specific files. The index migration step can be time consuming. To skip the migration step, use the -J BMC_AR_SKIP_FTS_INDEX_MIGRATION=true option when performing a silent installation. Refer to Example options.txt file for more information. Once the FTS index has been migrated, subsequent installations skip the migration step.