Resolving errors with default currency settings for BMC Service Request Management
During a fresh installation or upgrade of BMC Service Request Management, the default value of currency is USD.
The currency utility is run as part of the application installation or upgrade, only if you have selected a currency value other than USD. The currency utility generates the arcurrencydefault.log and arcurrencydefault_error.log files.
The arcurrencydefault_error.log file lists the forms that encountered errors while setting the default currency.
- The utility generates log files in the InstallationDirectory\Logs\Currency_Logs directory.
- For example, a Microsoft Windows path might be
C:\Program Files\BMC Software\BMCRemedyITSMSuite\Logs\Currency_Logs.
- For example, a UNIX path might be /opt/bmc/bmcremedyitsmsuite/Logs/Currency_Logs.
Use BMC Remedy Developer Studio to set the currency on the forms listed in the arcurrencydefault_error.log. For example, you might see the following error in the arcurrencydefault_error.log:
Error: Error locking to Admin RPC Queue:
ERROR (90): Cannot establish a network connection to the AR System server; Connection refused: connect myserver1
To resolve this error
- Verify that the BMC Remedy AR System server is running.
- Review the arerror.log for possible issues with the BMC Remedy AR System server.
- (this topic is from the BMC Remedy ITSM online documentation).
If a problem occurs
If you encounter
ERROR 90 during execution of default currency, the installer stops running. You must:
- Restore the BMC Remedy AR System server to the state before running the installer.
- Resolve the cause of
- Run the installer again.