Resolving errors with default currency settings for BMC Remedy ITSM
The default currency utility is run as part of the application installation and generates the arcurrencydefault.log and arcurrencydefault_error.log files.
The arcurrencydefault_error.log file lists the forms that encountered errors while setting the default currency.
The utility generates log files in the ITSMInstallDir\Logs\Currency_Logs directory.
ITSMInstallDir is the default location at which BMC Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) Suite is installed:
- (Microsoft Windows) C:\Program Files\BMC Software\BMCRemedyITSMSuite
- (UNIX) /opt/bmc/bmcremedyitsmsuite
Use BMC Remedy Developer Studio to set the currency on the forms listed in the arcurrencydefault_error.log file. For example, you might see the following error in the arcurrencydefault_error.log file:
Error: Error locking to Admin RPC Queue:
ERROR (90): Cannot establish a network connection to the AR System server; Connection refused: connect myserver1
To resolve errors with default currency settings
- Verify that the BMC Remedy AR System server is running.
- Review the arerror.log for possible issues with the BMC Remedy AR System server.
- (This topic is from the BMC Remedy ITSM online documentation).
If a problem occurs
If you encounter
ERROR 90 during execution of default currency utility, the installer stops running. You must perform the following tasks:
- Restore the BMC Remedy AR System server to the state it was in before you ran the installer.
- Resolve the cause of
- Run the installer again.