Product Catalog installation issues
This topic provides information about Product Catalog installation issues, such as the errors to search for in the AR System configuration file and Product Catalog log files.
- Product Catalog is installed as a part of BMC Atrium Configuration Management Database (BMC Atrium CMDB) and cannot be removed or installed separately.
In this topic, AtriumCoreInstallDir refers to the default BMC Atrium Core installation directory:
- (Microsoft Windows) C:\Program Files\BMC Software\AtriumCore\
- (UNIX) /opt/bmc/AtriumCore/
To troubleshoot Product Catalog issues
- If the Product Catalog is not installed, perform the following steps:
- Verify the SHARE:Application_Properties form for Product Catalog entry.
- If the entry does not exist, re-run the BMC Atrium CMDB installer.
- If an error occurred when installing the application, examine the BMCAtriumPC.html log located in the AtriumCoreInstallDir/Logs directory.
Error messages are written to the BMCAtriumPC.html and explain the reason for each installation failure.
- If the BMCAtriumPC.html log file contains an error message, examine the BMCAtriumPC.log and BMCAtriumPC_error.log log files for more details.