Preinstallation procedures for BMC Remedy ITSM Process Designer
Before you install BMC Remedy ITSM Process Designer, you should review and understand the entire installation process.
Before you begin
You should already be familiar with basic BMC Remedy AR System administration. See in BMC Remedy Action Request System online documentation.
Downloading the installation files
Reviewing the Process Designer requirements
Verify the following requirements:
- Compatibility matrix in the BMC Solution and Product Availability and Compatibility Utility.
- BMC Remedy AR System 7.6.04 or above has already been installed.
- Process Designer integrates with BMC Remedy IT Service Management 7.6.04, 8.0.00, 8.1.0x, and 9.0.xx and with BMC Service Request Management 7.6.04, 8.0.00, 8.1.xx, and 9.0.xx.
- Business Time Holidays and Business Time Workdays forms are installed on your server. You can import them from <ARSystemInstallationDirectory>/templates/bustime.def.
- Disable Admin Operations in AR System Server Configuration is unchecked.
- Max Attachment Size parameter on the AR System Server Configuration is greater than 5000000 (5MB) or equal to 0 (unlimited).
An incorrect setting can result in an error when running PDICT, since PDICT cannot create the Data Visualization entry for the web client.
- The operating system for the computers used to run PDICT is Windows XP, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. You must have Administrator permissions on the computer and can connect to the AR System server from the client.
- AR System server and Mid Tier all have Oracle Java 1.7 (or later) installed.
For SP1 and later you need Oracle Java1.8 or later installed.
- Process Designer server requires the .NET Framework 2.0 which is not installed by default on Windows 2012, but is included in .NET 3.5. Windows 2012 server comes with .NET Framework 4.5 which does not include earlier versions of the framework.
- Verify if BMC Remedy Mid tier is of the required version. (Same or greater than AR version)
- Verify if the Client Launch Configuration is set to the default web path. Default web path is not empty and must be pointing to the current mid tier that is being used.