As part of the post upgrade activities you must:
- Perform the database backup.
- Perform feature and functionality validation and performance testing.
- Restore the backed-up, upgraded staging server database after the testing is complete.
- Perform any required changes based on issues found in testing.
- Back up the postconfiguration staging server database. You might need a stable point to revert to if you experience issues with delta data migration (DDM).
Update BMC Knowledge Management for popular articles
BMC Knowledge Management 8.0 and later includes an integration with BMC Service Request Management that displays the most popular articles in the Request Entry console. The popularity of an article is determined by its rating, use count, and number of views, as described in in BMC Service Request Management documentation.
By default, popularity is calculated only for articles created in version 8.0 and later. To include pre-8.0 articles in popularity calculations, run two escalations as described in the following procedure.
- You must run the escalations in the order shown in the procedure.
- Articles created in version 8.0 and later that are also appear in the popular articles list in the Request Entry console. However, you cannot tag pre-8.0 articles as favorites, and no upgrade is available for this functionality.
To include pre-8.0 articles in popularity calculations
- From BMC Remedy Developer Studio, open the RKM:KAM:SyncTopSolutionsFeedbacksForUpgradeEscalation escalation.
- Create an overlay.
- Enable the escalation.
In the Run By field, select Time, and specify a time to run the escalation.
For more information, see in BMC Remedy AR System documentation.
- Click Save.
- After the escalation runs, disable it from BMC Remedy Developer Studio.
- Repeat steps 1 to 6 for the RKM:KAM:SyncTopSolutionsUseViewCountsForUpgradeEscalation escalation.