Installing BMC Remedy AR System 9.0.01
Before you can use the BMC Remedy AR System server, BMC recommends that you apply the latest patches and service packs. For details about the latest updates and corrected issues, see 9.0.01: Service Pack 1 for Platform components.
- You must have downloaded the latest service pack, as described in Downloading the installation files.
Installing 9.0.00 Service Pack 1 on BMC Remedy AR System
Installing 9.0.00 Service Pack 1 on BMC Remedy Migrator
Run the appropriate BMC Remedy Migrator installer as described in Installing BMC Remedy Migrator for migrating delta data.
Installing 9.0.00 Service Pack 1 on BMC Remedy Encryption Security
Run the appropriate BMC Remedy Encryption Performance Security installer as described in Performing BMC Remedy Encryption Security upgrade.
Validating the installation of Service Pack 1
After you install the service pack, the following changes appear:
Versionattribute in the arerror.log file is set to 9.0.01 <dateTimeStamp>.
- The Server Version field on the AR System Administration Console is set to 9.0.01 <dateTimeStamp>.
Versionapplication property on the SHARE:Application_Properties form is set to 9.0.01.
Patchapplication property on the SHARE:Application_Properties form is deleted if you installed a patch earlier.
The BMC Remedy AR System suite installer does not accept a fully qualified host name for the AR System server name alias. Enter only a valid server alias.
You can update a specific feature or all features with the installer.
- If you previously installed any features by using the original BMC Remedy AR System 9.0.00 installer, the check boxes for these features are automatically selected when you run a service pack installer. If you leave the check boxes selected, the features are upgraded. If you clear the check boxes, the features are not upgraded, but they remain on your computer.
- If you install any features by using a service pack installer (instead of the release 9.0.00 installer) and then you use that service pack installer again to install another feature on the same computer, the check boxes for the previously installed features are selected. These features are not reinstalled, but the installer checks for missing files and restores them if necessary.
- All Approval Server customizations are lost when you upgrade to BMC Remedy AR System version 9.0.00 and later versions.
All features in the BMC Remedy AR System suite installer are designated as updated for Service Pack 1. This release might not include resolved issues for some features, but the features’ binaries were updated due to dependencies on other features. The time stamps for such binaries differ from those delivered in the earlier release.