Extension loader is not responding
The extension loader might not successfully copy data to your data model due to issues with the BMC Remedy AR System server. Use the following procedure if the extension loader stops responding or fails to run.
To troubleshoot extension loader process issues
- In the AR System Administration Console, log on to the BMC Atrium CMDB server to verify that you can connect to the AR System server.
- To verify that you can access the BMC Atrium CMDB server, log on to the
cmdbdriverprogram and issue the
For more information about using
cmdbdriver, see in BMC Atrium Core documentation.
Ensure that the database server has at least 15 percent of space available and can grow the transaction log as needed during the installation.
auto-extendoption in the database to make sure that the space on the database server automatically extends.
- If the extension loader stops responding, check the arerror.log or armonitor.log files to ensure that the
arserver.exe(Microsoft Windows) or
arserverd(UNIX) server process did not restart or stop responding.
During the installation, the Admin thread 390600 is busy, Therefore, you might receive timeout messages when you try to access the AR System Administration Console.
- If the AR System server stops responding during the extensions installation, abort the installation and troubleshoot the AR System issue.
- If you are installing the extensions as a non-root user, ensure that you use the same user ID that you used to install the AR System server and BMC Atrium CMDB.
- To verify that your system has sufficient space (at least 600 MB of free space and 1 GB of temp space), perform the following steps:
- Check the %TEMP% directory (Windows) or /tmp (UNIX) for space.
- On Windows, check hard disk space using Windows Explorer. On UNIX, use the
df- kcommand to verify that you have a reasonable amount of swap space on the system.