Configuring application and form statistics logging
Use application and form statistics logging to monitor the performance of the applications and forms on your BMC Remedy AR System server as follows:
Application statistics logging — Logs a summation of entry, filter, and escalation statistics for all forms in an application. Also logs application licensing statistics.
You can specify forms to exclude.
Application statistics logging is supported only for deployable applications, not for local applications.
- Form statistics logging — Logs entry, filter, and escalation statistics for an individual form.
To view application and form statistics, open the Application Statistics form in Search mode, specify the appropriate search criteria, and click Search.
Application Statistics form
(Click the image to expand it.)
If statistics logging is enabled for an application or form, a new entry for that application or form is added to the Application Statistics form at the end of each logging interval. For example, if logging is enabled for Application A at 20-second intervals and for Application B at 30-second intervals, five entries are written to this form every 60 seconds--three for Application A, and two for Application B. Each entry contains the following information for one interval:
- Entry Statistics — Shows the number of create, delete, get, get list, merge, and set entries; their total processing time (in seconds); and the number of entry-related operations.
- Filter Statistics — Shows general filter statistics (including number of skipped filters, total filter processing time, and total number of filter actions), number of executed Set Fields actions (including filter API, $PROCESS$, and SQL), and number of other executed actions.
- Escalation Statistics — Shows general escalation statistics (including number of skipped escalations, total escalation processing time, and total number of escalation actions), number of escalated Set Fields actions (including filter API, $PROCESS$, and SQL), and number of other escalated actions.
- License Statistics — Shows number of fixed and floating licenses consumed and number of floating licenses denied for an application.
Because the data for application and form statistics is written to a form, you can create flashboards that provide graphical representations of the data. This enables application performance to be monitored and analyzed in real-time and in a user-friendly method. See .
To activate or inactivate application or form statistics logging, follow this procedure.
To activate or inactivate application and form statistics logging
- In a browser, open the Application Statistics Configuration form in one of these modes:
- New — Use this mode the first time that you configure statistics logging for an application or a form.
- Search — Use this mode to modify an existing configuration.
Application Statistics Configuration form (New mode)
(Click the image to expand it.)
- If you opened the form in Search mode, find the record to modify by entering the appropriate search criteria and clicking Search.
- In the Logging Status list, select a status:
- Enabled — Activates statistics logging.
- Disabled — Inactivates statistics logging.
Alternatively, you can inactivate logging by deleting the record from the form.
- In the Logging Type list, select the appropriate type:
- Application — Logs statistics for multiple forms and for application licensing.
- Form — Logs statistics for one form.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the application or form to monitor.
To ensure that the name is correct, copy it from the application or form object in BMC Remedy Developer Studio.
- In the Logging Interval field, enter the interval (in seconds) at which statistics for the application or form are logged to the Application Statistics form.
- Click OK.