BMC Remedy AR System debugging tools
BMC Remedy AR System provides a variety of log files as a resource for gathering different types of data. Log files contain information that you can use to evaluate performance. Some log files are generated automatically, while others must be enabled before they begin to log operations. The API, SQL, and filter logs are particularly useful for monitoring performance.
Running a log file requires a portion of your system resources, thereby affecting performance. Do not leave a log file running at all times. To check actions that might be causing performance issues, enable a log file, perform the suspected actions, and then turn off the log file. This generates a short log file of only the actions performed for the logged operation.
The following topics provide detailed information about the various debugging tools for BMC Remedy AR System:
- Allocating blocks of Next-IDs for faster create operations
- Configuring application and form statistics logging
- Excluding forms from application statistics logging
- Load management performance guidelines
- Server statistics for baseline data
- Thread configuration performance guidelines
- User actions performance guidelines