Uninstallation tips for BMC Remedy Mid Tier
- If you install BMC Atrium Single Sign-On with the mid tier, when you uninstall the mid tier, you must also uninstall the web agent. (This safely removes the reference of the mid tier URL from the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On server.)
To uninstall the mid tier:
1. Shut down the mid-tier Apache Tomcat service.
2. Uninstall the web agent by running the
3. Uninstall the mid tier.
- If you chose to install the Tomcat server when you installed the mid tier, you have the option to uninstall Tomcat when you uninstall the mid tier.
- If you installed Tomcat and the mid tier, and you are running Windows in an IIS environment, Redirector is installed. Redirector is not removed during the uninstallation process. You must remove it manually.
- If you upgrade BMC Remedy Action Request (AR) System (including the AR System server and the mid tier), you can also choose to upgrade Tomcat (for example, to version 6.0). If you then choose to uninstall your entire BMC Remedy AR System installation by using Add/Remove Programs from the Control Panel, only the newest version of Tomcat is removed. The older version of Tomcat (for example, version 5.5) in Administrative Tools > Services continues to exist. If you then want to install a version of BMC Remedy AR System that has the same older version of Tomcat (for example, version 5.5) that remains on the same machine, to avoid conflicts, you must first remove the older version of Tomcat that remains in Services via the registry.
If you are using the Apache web server, remove the following lines from the <ApacheInstallDir>/conf/httpd.conffile:
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so JkWorkersFile /usr/ar/apache-tomcat-version/conf/ arsysworker.properties JkLogFile /usr/apache_version/logs/mod_jk.log JkLogLevel info JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y] " JkOptions +ForwardURIEscaped +ForwardURICompatUnparsed JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T" JkMount /arsys/* arsysWorker1