You must meet the following software requirements before installing the BMC Remedy AR System server:
- You must have one of the following databases installed:
- IBM DB2
- Microsoft SQL Server
- If you try to install the BMC Remedy AR System server on Sybase 15.0.2/EBF 14328, the installation might fail. You will receive this error message:
Failure during SQL operation to the database : Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'path'.For troubleshooting information, see Sybase error 156 in your Sybase documentation and BMC Remedy AR System in the BMC Remedy AR System documentation.
- The Informix database is not supported.
- You must install an httpd server before you begin the AR System server installation. For details about httpd server requirements, see in the BMC Remedy AR System documentation.
For a complete list of software requirement and compatibility, see the .
You must have the appropriate software installed before you install BMC Remedy AR System features and clients. The following table lists the required software for each feature or client. (Blank cells indicate no software requirement.)
|BMC Remedy AR System feature||BMC Remedy AR System||Mid tier||Web app server||Java Runtime Environement (JRE)||Mail server|
BMC Remedy Email Engine
BMC Remedy Flashboards
BMC Remedy Mid tier
- For Windows platforms running on an IPv6 server, BMC Remedy AR System requires Java Platform Standard Edition 7. For more information, see in the BMC Remedy AR System documentation.
- For a list of the compatible web application servers, see in the BMC Remedy AR System documentation.