Setting up an accelerated staging server
The accelerated method is a database-only upgrade that requires only that a database be present to enable you to perform the upgrade. When you upgrade using an accelerated method, you only need to create a copy of the production server database in the staging environment. You must then install the AR System server on the upgrade server against the copy of the production server database.
You can use this method in the following situations:
- You are upgrading all of the products installed on your server.
- You do not have BMC Service Impact Manager, Integration for BMC Remedy Service Desk, or BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management installed on your production system.
- You are moving to a new hardware and not upgrading on existing hardware.
To set up an upgrade server using accelerated method
The following diagram and steps describe how to set up an accelerated method.
- Back up the production database. See Duplicating the production server database for the upgrade.
- Review the restrictions after restoring the database on the staging server with overlays.
- Restore the production database copy on the staging database.
For more information, see Duplicating the production server database backup for upgrades.
- Run the AR System server installer, select the Install option and click Next.
In the AR System Server and DB Information panel, provide the same values for Database Name, Database User, and Database Password as were used for the production server.
Database Host Name and Database Port must point to the new database.
The installer detects an existing AR database and provides you an option to upgrade.
In the AR System Server Database Upgrade Confirmation Panel, click Yes and proceed with the successive panels.
Proceed with upgrading other products in your BMC Remedy product suite.
When running the BMC Atrium Core installer, click the Upgrade option.
Where to go from here