Setting up a duplicated staging server
To create a duplicated staging server, you must create an exact duplicate of your production server, including installing the AR System server and all of the BMC Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) applications and components. You must also include any other applications that you have on your production server, such as BMC Service Impact Manager, Integration for BMC Remedy Service Desk, or BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management before starting the upgrade. If you set up the staging server this way, you can test your system after each upgrade step, because you have a working system at the end of each stage. You can also test the system after upgrading each BMC Remedy ITSM application and its components.
To set up a duplicated staging environment for upgrade
The following diagram and steps describe how to set up an accelerated staging server.
- On the staging server, duplicate the installations that are on the production server.
For more information, see Duplicating the production server installations.
- Back up the production database.
- Restore the production database copy on the staging database.
For more information, see Duplicating the production server database.
- Review the restrictions after restoring the database on the staging server.
- Upgrade the AR System server.
You must run the installer in Upgrade mode.
- Proceed with the next stages.