Rerunning the Prefix Manager in a Hub and Spoke environment
If your system is configured for a , after you perform an upgrade to your BMC Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) Suite on the hub and spoke servers, you must rerun the Prefix Manager as described in the following procedure.
If you do not rerun the Prefix Manager, you will not be able to search for tickets or create new tickets that have the unique prefixes that you set up when you ran the Prefix Manager during the initial setup of the Hub and Spoke environment.
To rerun the Prefix Manager in a Hub and Spoke environment
- Using an ID with administrator privileges, log into the AR System server that you are using for the hub server by way of the mid tier.
Open the Objects list and search for the HNS:FormPrefixData form.
If you do not see the Objects list, enable it from the mid tier configuration form. For instructions on how to enable the the Objects list, see in BMC Remedy AR System documentation.
- Open the HNS:FormPrefixData form in Search mode, then search for all records.
- Select all of the records.
- Click Modify All.
- Change the value of the Prefix Changed field to NONE, then click Save.
- From the Application menu on the BMC Remedy ITSM Home page, select Administrator console > Application Administration console > Custom Configuration > Hub and Spoke > Configuration Settings > Prefix Manager.
- Confirm that the Prefix Status field value is NONE for all of the records.
- Click Update Form Prefix.
The Prefix Manager reapplies the custom prefix that you set up when you ran the Prefix Manager during the initial setup of the Hub and Spoke environment. This process can take a few minutes. When the update finishes, the contents of the Prefix Status column are changed to UPDATED.
- Restart the AR System server.
Repeat this procedure on each of your spoke servers.
After you successfully rerun the Prefix Manager, ensure that you also perform the following tasks:
- Flush your mid tier.
- Flush your browser cache.