Rebuilding customizations before deleting BMC Remedy ITSM attributes from BMC Atrium CMDB
You must rebuild your customizations before you can delete all of the BMC Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) attributes from BMC Atrium CMDB, while performing an upgrade. This topic provides information about the customizations that are affected by the upgrade, and instructions for rebuilding them.
Integrations or customizations that are affected
Integrations use BMC Atrium CMDB class forms (for example, BMC:CORE:ComputerSystem) that need to pull, update, or create data in the attributes that BMC Remedy ITSM owns must be modified to query that data in the BMC Remedy ITSM form or join form. The following integration mechanism types might be affected:
- BMC Atrium CMDB API
- BMC Remedy AR System workflow
- BMC Remedy AR System custom join forms
- BMC Atrium Integration Engine mappings
- BMC Remedy Distributed Server Option (DSO) mappings
- BMC Remedy AR System Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) communication directly to the database
Update the customization after the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite structural upgrade, but before the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite attribute deletion. To detect workflow and join forms see, in BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite documentation.
To rebuild your self join form customizations
The CI Data Migration utility rebuilds the join form structure of all custom self join forms in BMC Atrium CMDB by replacing the secondary form of the join forms with the AST:Attributes form. All former BMC Remedy ITSM attributes on the custom self join forms are updated so that these fields point to the AST:Attributes form.
Before you run the CI Data Migration utility, you must first repair all of the invalid field mappings on the custom self join forms before running the utility. For more information, see Invalid field mappings in join forms.
- Create a text file, with any file name, that contains a list of custom self join forms that must be rebuilt. The name of each join form must be on a separate line.
- Copy the text file to the %TEMP% directory of the computer on which you want to run the utility.
Follow the instructions provided in to execute the cimig.jar application.
exposeForPreCheckingcommand line parameter, you must specify a value of 4, which indicates that you want to fix the custom self join form structure.
- When prompted to, enter the name of the text file that you created in step 1.
The utility first checks for invalid field mappings before starting to rebuild the join form structure.
Custom self join forms are forms that were created earlier using the Sync Asset UI with CMDB configuration option in BMC Asset Management with custom CMDB forms.