Preserving your customizations to Classic views prior to upgrading from a pre-7.6.03 release
The following procedure describes how to preserve your customizations to Classic views during an upgrade from a pre-7.6.03 BMC Remedy ITSM release if you have customized the following forms:
- HPD:Help Desk
- HPD:Help Desk Dialogs
- CHG:Infrastructure Change
- CHG:Change Dialogs
Starting with BMC Remedy ITSM 7.6.03, the HPD:Help Desk and CHG: Infrastructure Change forms have undergone the following changes to improve performance:
- The Default User View has been migrated to the new HPD:Help Desk Classic and CHG:Infrastructure Change Classic forms. These forms are a self join of the original form in order to maintain data integrity and retain the existing business login enforced by the filter workflow.
- The active link workflow that is specific to the Default User View has been duplicated in the HPD:Help Desk Classic and CHG:Infrastructure Change Classic forms.
The HPD:Help Desk Dialogs and CHG:Change Dialogs interface forms have been migrated to the HPD:Help Desk Dialog Classic and CHG:Change Dialogs Classic forms.
The view selection framework for Default User View will continue to function with a redirection workflow and any user access to this view will be redirected to the same view on the new classic forms.
If you have customized any of these forms, you should backup and re-apply your customizations after performing an upgrade.
The following BMC Remedy AR System objects will be impacted by these form changes and may not be functional after the upgrade:
- Views relating to Default User View
- Views in the HPD:Help Desk Dialogs and CHG:Change Dialogs forms
- Active Link workflows on the four forms listed above
Depending on the level of customizations, it may be possible to manually re-implement the customizations or import them back to the new forms. You must evaluate the best possible approach on a case-by-case basis.
To preserve your customizations
- Identify all your customizations (including fields that you added to the Default User Views and any views in the dialog forms).
- Export all of the views that contain your customizations to update the definition file.
- Identify all active link workflows that are part of your customizations and export all of these workflows.