Preparing to upgrade FTS from a version earlier than 7.6.03
If you are upgrading the Full Text Search (FTS) feature from a version earlier than 7.6.03, complete the following steps:
- Back up existing directories and files before removing them.
- If the the Open Text or Hummingbird SearchServer software was installed as part of the previous BMC Remedy AR System FTS installation, uninstall it.
- When you upgrade BMC Remedy AR System, select the FTS feature.
- If the following directories are not used with other programs, delete them:
- temp (versions 7.1.00 and 7.0.01 only)
By default, these directories are installed in the BMC Remedy AR System server location, and they are deleted when you uninstall SearchServer. If you created these directories in another location, you must delete them manually.
To generate full text indexes in the new format, perform a reindex operation. (Select the Reindex check box on the FTS tab of the Server Information form.)
Reindexing can take a long time and might impact other operations, so avoid reindexing at peak hours.