Post-upgrade procedures for BMC Service Level Management
When you upgrade BMC Service Level Management (BMC SLM) 7.x to a later version of the product, you might receive the following error messages:
ERROR 338: Duplicate Entry ID found
ERROR 382: The value(s) for this entry violate a unique index that has been defined for this form
You can ignore these errors, as they occur when the installer attempts to load data that already exists. For more information on these upgrade errors, see Knowledge Base article KA374439.
- Compare the customized data that you exported before installing BMC SLM data. Re-import the legacy data that you need to run your application.
- Compare the customized workflow that you exported before installing the BMC SLM to the BMC SLM workflow. Re-import the legacy workflow, or manually modify the workflow that you need to run BMC SLM.
- Use BMC Remedy Developer Studio to restore views of forms where UI layout was changed.
Compare the legacy workflow that you had disabled to ensure there were no new changes, before you re-enable them.Disable full text search (FTS) by completing the following steps:
- Make sure you deselect the Reindex box on the FTS tab of the Administration Console.
- Make sure you select the Disable FTS Indexer box on the FTS tab of the Administration Console.