Installing BMC Remedy Migrator for migrating delta data
Use the following procedure to install BMC Remedy Migrator. You use the Delta Data Migration Tool installed with BMC Remedy Migrator to migrate delta data.
- You must have administrator privileges for the machine on which you are installing BMC Remedy Migrator. To perform the full migration, you must install BMC Remedy Migrator 8.1 and the latest binary fix.
- Always download and install the latest BMC Remedy Migrator version available when you are migrating delta data.
To install BMC Remedy Migrator
- Shut down all other running applications.
- Insert the BMC Remedy Migrator DVD into your DVD drive.
If the BMC Remedy Migrator setup program starts automatically a few seconds after inserting the disk, skip to step 4 or follow the on-screen instructions.
- From your DVD drive, double-click setup.exe.
A progress bar appears as the files are extracted.
- When you see the Welcome window, click Next.
- In the License Information dialog box, read the
For more information about licensing, see and from the BMC Remedy Action Request System online documentation. license agreement, and click Agree.
- Perform either of the following actions:
- Click Next to accept the default installation directory.
- Click Browse to select another installation directory.
- Click Next.
- Click the check box to place the BMC Remedy Migrator program icon on your desktop, and click Next.
Review the installation options you selected; if they are correct, click Install to begin the installation.
You might see validation warnings related to the mfc71.dll, mfc71u.dll, and msv1_0.dll2 files. You can ignore these warnings, because they do not affect the installation.
- When installation is complete, click Done. (Optionally, you can click View Log to see the installation log.)
To begin using BMC Remedy Migrator, you must restart your computer.