Importing sample data when upgrading
Before starting to install or upgrade BMC Service Request Management, set the BMC.Asset data set accessibility to "writable". This is required if you want to import the sample data during installation. If you do not do this, an error is generated when the BMC Service Request Management installer attempts to import the sample data.
If you change the data set before installing or upgrading, you do not need to import the data manually. If the data set is not changed before installing or upgrading, you see error messages in the logs stating that the sample data was not imported. Then you must update the data set manually and import the ARX files.
The following ARX files are imported into BMC Atrium CMDB forms:
- Sample_BaseRelationship.arx — Copies records into the BMC.CORE:BMC_BaseRelationship form
- Sample_BMC_Component.arx — Copies records into the BMC.CORE:BMC_Component form
- Sample_BMC_ServiceOffering.arx — Copies records into the BMC.CORE:BMC_ServiceOffering form
- Sample_BusinessServices.arx — Copies records into the AST:BusinessService form. (While this is not part of the BMC.ASSET data set, it might result in data being pushed into the data set.)
- Sample_RequestableOffering.arx — Copies records into the BMC.CORE:BMC_RequestableOffering form