Contents of the application package
Each application package (BMC Remedy Action Request (AR) System, BMC Atrium Core, BMC Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) Suite, BMC Service Request Management, and BMC Service Level Management) includes the following files:
- One package XML file: List of instructions files that you must execute in the order shown.
- Many instruction XML files: Instructions for migrating form data. Each application package XML file references one or more of these instruction files.
- .arm files: Field mapping files. One or more instruction files refer to these .arm files.
The instruction files contain the following information for each form:
- Source and destination form name
- Unique field IDs
- Qualification to be used to migrate the data. The following example shows the qualification Last Modified Date:
'6' >= "<DATE>"
- A migrate option, which is set to Update. (This option updates existing records if the same record is already present and creates new records if the same record is not present.)
- An option set to not trigger any workflow during the migration
Mapping files are created in these situations:
- When forms that need mappings for newly created required fields for which a default value is required in applications
- When any field needs to be mapped to a different field on the destination server
- When handling data transformation changes between product versions
If no mapping files are referenced in the instruction files for a form, the migrator moves data from all fields on the production server to the staging server.
The following example shows an instruction XML file:
<data enabled="true" source-form="FIN:ConfigRules" destination-form="FIN:ConfigRules" type="data" mode="search" merge-option="update" ignore-required-fields="true" ignore-pattern-matching="true" count="0" disable-related workflow="true">}} <qualification>PASS_QUALIFICATION</qualification> <unique-fields> <field id="270002020"> <field id="1000000001"> </unique-fields> <ports enabled="true" list="LIST_PORT" fast="FAST_PORT"> </ports> </data>
A package XML file is created that lists the instruction XML files and specifies their execution order.