BMC Remedy AR System and BMC Atrium CMDB health check
For you to successfully install and configure Drift Management, you should perform the following health checks of your BMC Remedy Action Request (AR) System and BMC Atrium CMDB. If you cannot perform these basic functions, you are not ready to install and configure Drift Management.
BMC Remedy AR System prerequisites
To ensure that your environment is properly set up, BMC Remedy administrators must ensure that they can perform the following health check of the BMC Remedy AR System:
- Log in to the AR System server with a browser or BMC Remedy User Tool client.
- From the AR System Administration Console, select System > General > Add or Remove Licenses.
- In the Add or Remove Licenses form, verify that you have all the licenses that you need.
Ensure that you have installed and licensed (or have upgraded to) the compatible version of AR System on all servers.
- To install Drift Management, ensure you are a member of the Administrator group in the AR System User form.
- Check the websites of the suppliers of the platforms in use at your site to verify they are still supported. BMC does not support platforms that are no longer supported by the vendor.
- To access Drift Management using a browser or to use BMC Remedy Flashboards with the application, install a supported web server and the supported version of the BMC Remedy Mid Tier.
For a list of supported web servers, see product compatibility information about the Customer Support website at .
BMC Atrium CMDB system prerequisites
To ensure that your environment is properly set up, BMC Remedy administrators must ensure that they can perform the following health check of the BMC Atrium CMDB:
- Log in to the BMC Atrium CMDB.
- Open the BMC Atrium Core Console.
- From Atrium Tools, select Compare Instances.
Perform a basic search that returns every computer in the CDMB (or some similar search):
InstanceId != NULL
- Click Search.
This search queries the CMDB for all your current computer systems. If you cannot perform this basic search, your CMDB is not properly populated.
(Optional for Drift Management) BMC IT Service Management system prerequisites
To ensure that your environment is properly set up, BMC Remedy administrators must ensure that they can perform the following health check of the Change Management or Incident Management environment.
- Open the Change Management Console or Incident Management Console.
- Create a change request or incident and assign it to a specific support group in your company.
- Use the process flow status bar to work the change request or incident through its various stages.
- Close the change request or incident.