Troubleshooting deployment pipeline failure issues
The HELIX_ONPREM_DEPLOYMENT Jenkins pipeline that you use to perform BMC Helix IT Service Management installation consists of the various pipelines, such as HELIX_PLATFORM_DEPLOY, HELIX_NONPLATFORM_DEPLOY, HELIX_CONFIGURE_ITSM, and HELIX_SMARTAPPS_DEPLOY. During installation, if any of these pipeline fails, you can troubleshoot the pipeline failure issue, and rebuild the pipeline.
To troubleshoot Jenkins pipeline failure issues
- In Jenkins, in the pipeline where failure occurred, in the pane, select the latest build, and click Console Output.
- On the Console Output page, check the logs to find the reason for the failure.
- If required, update the parameters in the deployment input configuration file.
Learn about deployment input configuration file parameters at Setting up the deployment input configuration file.
- Verify and fix the issue.
- In Jenkins, in the pipeline where the failure occurred, in the navigation pane, click Rebuild.
- In the Rebuild page, select the ReRun check box , and click Rebuild.
The pipeline starts running from the instance where it stopped due to the failure.
To troubleshoot HELIX_PLATFORM_DEPLOY pipeline failure issues
If HELIX_PLATFORM_DEPLOY pipeline fails or the pipeline execution halts due to errors about Helm delete commands, such as
helm delete --purge ar-db-setup-<CUSTOMER_SERVICE>-<ENVIRONMENT> and
helm delete --purge sr-db-setup-, perform the following steps:
- To stop the pipeline execution, click the cross mark on the progress bar.
- To check if the pipeline execution is stopped, click the pipeline name HELIX_PLATFORM_DEPLOY.
- Edit the deployment input configuration file in the CUSTOMER_CONFIGS repository by using the URL
- Update the following parameters:
- Rebuild the HELIX_PLATFORM_DEPLOY pipeline by selecting the IS_HELM3 check box.
To troubleshoot pipeline failure issues due to incorrect parameter values
If the HELIX_PLATFORM_DEPLOY, HELIX_NON_PLATFORM_DEPLOY, or HELIX_SMARTAPPS_DEPLOY pipeline fails due to incorrect parameter values, perform the following steps:
- If the pipeline with incorrect parameter values is running, stop the pipeline.
- Specify the correct parameter values.
For example, if the HELIX_PLATFORM_DEPLOY pipeline fails due to incorrect FTS_ELASTICSEARCH_PORT value, specify the correct FTS_ELASTICSEARCH_PORT value.
- Select the HELIX_GENERATE_CONFIG pipeline.
Make sure that you do not select any other pipeline.
- Click Rebuild.
Make sure that the HELIX_GENERATE_CONFIG pipeline runs successfully.
- Rebuild the failed pipeline by using the Rerun option.
Make sure that the pipeline runs successfully. For example, rebuild the HELIX_PLATFORM_DEPLOY pipeline and make sure that it runs successfully.
- In the HELIX_ONPREM_DEPLOYMENT pipeline, select the pipelines that are pending.
- Click Rebuild.