Installing BMC Remedy Encryption Security
These instructions assume that you have installed or upgraded to the latest version of BMC Remedy AR System.
To use the following encryption products, you must install them on both the server and its clients:
- BMC Remedy Encryption Performance Security (Performance Security)
- BMC Remedy Encryption Premium Security (Premium Security)
Clients include BMC Remedy, third-party, and user-developed applications that use the BMC Remedy API. Standard security is built into the BMC Remedy AR System API, so you do not need to install it.
Before installing Performance Security or Premium Security on an BMC Remedy AR System server, you must add an AR System server license and the appropriate BMC Remedy AR Encryption license to the server. You cannot install encryption products on AR System servers that have evaluation or trial licenses. For information about adding licenses to servers, see in the BMC Remedy AR System documentation.
Before uninstalling or upgrading BMC Remedy Encryption Security products, stop the Atrium Integrator Service.
Installation process overview
a. Identify all the servers and clients
This list includes all the servers and clients, Developer Studio, Data Import Tool, Migrator, Java Driver Clients, Smart Reporting, Mid-Tier, Smart IT, DWP, DWP Catalog, Flashboards, Email Engine, etc.
b. Identify all the potential integrations with Encryption Security
|2||Install Remedy Encryption Security on Clients|
|3||Install Remedy Encryption Security on Server|
|4||Enable and configure Remedy Encryption Security|
- Any time you update Java or any Remedy component on any of the systems (clients or server side) you will need to reinstall encryption again on that system.
- Ensure that all the Remedy components where you install a Remedy Encryption Security product are of the same version as the Remedy AR System server. As a example, BMC does not support Mid-Tier 9.1.03 with AR System Server 18.08 or vice versa. This is true of ALL Remedy products, not just the platform components.
- Ensure that you disable the encryption If you want to install a BMC application after you have installed encryption security.
The following topics provide information and instructions for installing and uninstalling the BMC Remedy Encryption Security products:
|Installing encryption on BMC Remedy applications||Install Performance and Premium encryption on Microsoft Windows or UNIX-based BMC Remedy AR System servers and clients.|
|Installing encryption on non-BMC Remedy applications||Install Performance Security or Premium Security on third-party applications.|
|Compliance options for Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS).|