Installing BMC Atrium Core Web Services components
Ensure that you install BMC Atrium Core Web Services components as follows:
Install BMC Atrium Core Web Services and BMC Atrium Core Web Registry on the same computer.
- We recommend to install BMC Atrium Core Web Services on a server different than the server where BMC CMDB is installed.
However, in a server group environment, if you cannot follow this recommendation and you need to install BMC Atrium Core Web Services in the same machine as BMC CMDB; then you must install both (BMC Atrium Core Web Services and BMC CMDB) on the primary server only.
When installing BMC Atrium Core Web Services:
- Unix non-root mode: You must have write access to /etc, /opt/bmc folder, and the install location.
- Windows non-admin mode: You must have write access to the install location, and %windir% directory.
Before you begin
- Install Apache Tomcat on your machine as a service (WINDOWS) or as a non-service (UNIX). For instructions, see . For Tomcat version, see
To install BMC Atrium Core Web Services components
- Download the BMC Atrium Core installer on a computer other than where you have installed the AR System server.
- Unzip the installer.
- Navigate to the Disk 1 folder.
- Start the installer.
- For Windows, run setup.exe.
- For UNIX, run setup.bin.
- In the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
- In the AR System Server Information panel, perform the following actions:
- Enter AR System username and password.
- Enter AR System port number and host name.
- Navigate to the directory in which you want to install BMC Atrium CMDB.
The default locations are:
- For Windows: C:\Program Files\BMC Software\AtriumCore
- For UNIX or Linux: /opt/bmc/AtriumCore
On the Tomcat Deployment Directory Information panel, navigate and select the Tomcat Home Directory. For a Windows machine, wait for the Tomcat Service Name to get populated automatically, and click Next.
If the Tomcat Service Name is not automatically detected, ensure that the Tomcat service is created and running. Tomcat must be registered as a service for the installer to detect it.
For more information about installing the Tomcat services, see in the Apache Tomcat documentation.
- Select the Java home path which would be used by Tomcat.
- Enter the http and https port details for the external Tomcat.
- Click Next. The installer validates the system resources of your computer.
- In the Installation Mode panel, select Install and then click Next.
- In the BMC Atrium Installation Information panel, review the information and then click Next.
In the Features panel, select only the BMC Atrium Core Web Services components, and then click Next.
For example, select BMC Atrium Core Web Services and BMC Atrium Core Web Services Registry.
In the succeeding panels, enter the values from the planning spreadsheet.
- In the Run Preinstall Health Check panel, click Next to run the additional validation tests.
If you don't want to run the health check, select No, and then click Next.
The health check is run after the installation.
- The installer validates the inputs. The Installation Preview panel appears, listing the product and product features that will be installed.
- Click Install.
Installation summary is displayed.
- To verify the installation, click View Log.
- Verify and rectify if there are any SEVERE error messages or warnings in the product installer log.
See whether errors are due to network, host, or other environment-related issues.
You can also view a log file of the installation here:
- Click Done to exit the BMC Atrium Core installer.
BMC Atrium Core does not provide load-balancing support for BMC Atrium web services components in an AR System server group environment. Instead, you can configure the AR System server group for providing redundancy capabilities to the web services components. For this, you need to update the BMC Atrium web services registry on the secondary servers. See, from the BMC Atrium Core online documentation.