To determine your goals for the benchmarking test, consider the following questions:
- Are you developing a capacity plan for your organization's current status?
- Are you planning for your organization's future growth?
- Are you comparing the efficiency of various integration options?
- What goals influence your design and keep your benchmarking project focused?
Business activities that warrant performance benchmark tests include the following activities:
- New application implementation
- Capacity planning
- Application upgrade
- Technology stack upgrade
- Performance of critical business transactions
- Increased user or data workload