Creating a silent.txt file for BMC Service Level Management installation
Before running the silent installer, you must create a silent.txt file that contains the installation options.
To create a silent.txt file for BMC Service Level Management installation
Create a silent.txt file in the folder that contains the installer executable. See the following table for details.
Sets the installation directory for a product.
-P installLocation=C:\Program Files
Specifies Java properties that correspond to user inputs.
Uninstalls a product or an individual feature.
Note: It does not remove any BMC Remedy AR System database objects.
Ensure the following points:
- There are no Ctrl+M characters in the silent.txt file on UNIX.
- You have included the appropriate -P and -J switch with each option.
In the silent.txt file, add or modify the options for the installation to run. See the following table for details:
Java SE 8_u45 and higher is supported. Older versions are not supported.
Installation path for the application and components on the BMC Remedy AR System server.
Installs the BMC Service Level Management application. Values are true and false.
Note: Nothing is required after the feature name.
Installs the integrations with Action Request applications. Values are true and false. Also, specify one or more of the integration applications.
Installs the integration with BMC Service Impact Manager. Values are true and false.
Installs the integration with BMC Service Request Management. Values are true and false.
AR System server Administrator Logon Information
Fully qualified domain name of the BMC Remedy AR System server where you want to install the product.
Port number your BMC Remedy Administrator assigned clients to connect to the BMC Remedy AR System server. The default port number is 0 (zero).
Default user name is Demo.
Default password is blank. Passwords can be in clear text or encrypted. BMC recommends that you encrypt passwords using the BMC Service Level Management Maintenance Tool.
AR System Application Service Password Information
English is the only language supported in silent mode. Values are true and false. The default value is true.
- Use true to replace language packs on the BMC Remedy AR System server.
- Use false when reinstalling the application. Works on conjunction with SLM_ADDITIONAL_LANGUAGE_PACKS.
Type the two-letter value of one or more languages separated by a semicolon. The values are:
- en (English)-
- fr (French)
- de (German)
- it (Italian)
- ja (Japanese)
- ko (Korean)
- pt_BR (Brazilian Portuguese)
- ru (Russian)
- zh_CN (Simplified Chinese)
- es (Spanish) You can type the values in any order.
Note: Because en (English) is the default language, you do not need to specify it.
Java Platform Information
Type the path to your Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
Configuration check triggered by installer -J BMC_IGNORE_PRECHECK_ERROR= Values are true or false. Setting this value to true ensures that the installer does not stop if errors are reported by configuration check utility that is triggered when the installer runs. Before running silent installation, you must manually run a configuration check utility bundled with the BMC Service Level Management installer and resolve the errors reported by the utility.
- If you use No, the utility stops running so that you can reconcile the customizations. After you finish reconciling the customizations, you must either rerun the installer or start the utility manually.
- If you use Yes, the utility begins processing the multitenancy updates.
- If you use Yes, the installer does not run the multitenancy updates and you must reconcile the customizations.
- If you use No, the installer starts updating the records.
- If you use true, the utility processes the multitenancy updates.
- If you use false, the installer does run the multitenancy updates and you must star the utility manually.
Example of a silent.txt file
The following code block shows an example of a silent.txt file on Windows to install BMC Service Level Management.
-J BMC_AR_OVERLAY_INSTALLED=true -J SLM_INSTALL_SLM=true -J SLM_INSTALL_COLLECTOR=false -J SLM_INSTALL_AR_INTEGRATION=false -J SLM_PRIMARY_SERVER=true -J SLM_LANGUAGE_PACKS_INSTALL=false -J BMC_AR_SERVER_NAME=wgoggan-hg7oq78 -J BMC_AR_PORT=0 -J BMC_USER_SELECTED_CURRENCY=USD -J SLM_CONFIG_WSFILTER=false -J BMC_AR_USER=Demo -J BMC_AR_PASSWORD=DES\:c168d981d0f17e0108839e457d4e2050 -J THRESHOLD_REACHED_EXECUTION_DECISION=true -J MULTI_TENANCY_WORKFLOW_CUSTOMIZED=No -J BMC_IGNORE_PRECHECK_ERROR=true