Upgrading BMC Atrium Core
Upgrade BMC Atrium Core after you have upgraded BMC Remedy AR System. Carefully review and complete the preupgrade and postupgrade tasks before and after the upgrade process.
BMC recommends that you perform the BMC Atrium Core upgrade during off-peak hours when no major activity (such as running a data exchange or a reconciliation job) is underway on the AR System server.
Before you upgrade BMC Atrium Core
- If you have not done so already, perform the tasks in Preparing.
If you have not done so already, do one of the following to prepare the server group for upgrade:
- Preparing the AR System server for a server group upgrade - Perform these steps when you are performing a staged upgrade or plan to upgrade the server group during a scheduled outage window.
- Preparing for zero-downtime upgrade of the platform - If you want to upgrade the platform components that are a part of a server group environment with no scheduled outage, you must perform pre-configuration steps on the primary and secondary servers prior to upgrade.
Disable the Record Object Relationships option from Administration Console > Configurations tab.Manually update the noeapi91.jar api
You have to manually update the noeapi91.jar api if the following conditions are true:
- Products such as TrueSight Operations Management 11.0 or lower are integrated with Remedy and they use the noeapi91.jar api.
- BMC Atrium Core CMDB is upgraded from any older version to 9.1.04.002 or higher.
If you fail to update the noe api, the integration with TrueSight Management breaks after upgrading CMDB.
To update the noeapi91.jar manually:
- Copy the noeapi91.jar api. from the location: <AtriumCore installation directory>\AtriumCore\cmdb\plugins\noe\ noeapi91.jar.
- On the client location (example: Server on which TrueSight Operations Management is installed), go to the folder where the noeapi exists and replace it with the noeapi91.jar api.
Perform the procedures in Preparing for the BMC Atrium Core upgrade.
BMC Atrium Core upgrade process
|1.||Perform the BMC Atrium CMDB upgrade.||Install BMC Atrium CMDB on the same computer on which the AR System server is installed.|
|2.||Perform the BMC Atrium Core Web Services upgrade.||If BMC Atrium Core Web Services is installed on a different computer than BMC Atrium CMDB, you must upgrade BMC Atrium Core Web Services after you upgrade BMC Remedy AR System and BMC Atrium CMDB. If BMC Atrium CMDB and BMC Atrium Core Web Services are on the same computer, they are upgraded together.|
You must upgrade Atrium Integrator server before you install BMC Remedy ITSM or BMC Service Request Management. Upgrade the BMC Atrium Integrator server on the computer where you have upgraded the BMC Remedy AR System server.
|4.||Install BMC Configuration Drift Management.||(Optional) Install BMC Configuration Drift Management.|
Note: The latest version of BMC Configuration Drift Management that you can install is version 8.1.xx.
|5.||Install the offline documentation.||(Optional) If you have not already done so during the BMC Remedy AR System upgrade, install the offline Help.|
After you upgrade BMC Atrium Core
After you finish upgrading the BMC Remedy AR System components, perform the Completing the BMC Atrium Core upgrade.
|1.||Review the upgrade log files.||The installer writes status messages to a log file, giving a detailed account of all changes made to your data model during the upgrade. If the upgrade fails and you must run the installer again, the installer resumes after the last operation it completed, rather than repeating operations that have already been completed.|
|2.||Enable entries in the armonitor and ar configuration files.||Enable the entries that you commented out before the upgrade.|
|3.||Clean up normalized CI relationships.||The |
|4.||Verify the CMDB OOTB indexes.|
Run the BMC Remedy Configuration Check utility to validate the CMDB OOTB Index Check.
|Perform denormalization of the CDM classes and relationships.|
Troubleshooting the BMC Atrium Core upgrade
Consult the following topics for information about issues you might encounter during the upgrade:
Where to go from here
If you want to verify or adjust your BMC Atrium Core configuration, go to in the BMC Atrium Core documentation.
If you are installing other platform components, return to Upgrading the platform.
|Up to process|
If you have finished upgrading the platform, return to the appropriate upgrade process: