Troubleshooting unreconciled records
This topic describes how to troubleshoot People records that were not synchronized.
Use this troubleshooting information with records that appear in the CTM:People Records that have not been reconciled table after you (this topic is from the BMC Remedy ITSM online documentation).
To troubleshoot unreconciled records
- Highlight the first record in the CTM:People Records that have not been reconciled table, and click View.
The associated People record is opened in Modify mode.
- Determine which data element violates an existing validation rule by making a valid modification to the record and then saving it (later, you can undo the modification).
When you save the record, you should receive a detailed error message telling you which fields on the record violate the validation rules. If the message that appears contains only a general description of the problem, go to step 3.
- Working from a client computer, enable Filter Logging.
- Ensure that the Asset Management settings for
Sandbox Job Calls for Peopleis set to Scheduled to prevent an inline call to run the sandbox job.
- Use the following steps to open the console that controls the Asset Management settings:
- From the Navigation pane on the Home Page, open the Application Administration console.
- On the console, click the Custom Configuration tab and then select Asset Management > Advanced Options > Asset Management Settings.
- Make another modification to the record and save it.
The associated message (which appears in the Filter Log) provides details about the nature of the data element in question and can be corrected and retried.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- Correct the issue described in the error message and retry.
- If no error message is generated in step 5, open the BMC_Person join form and verify whether a BMC.ASSET.SANDBOX record was generated for the specified People record modification:
- If a BMC.ASSET.SANDBOX record was created, run the Sandbox Job by clicking Initiate Sandbox Job Run from the People Sync console. After the job runs, verify that the record was promoted to the production dataset.
- If a BMC.ASSET.SANDBOX record was not created, continue with step 7, which describes how to consult the reconciliation job log file for the associated run.
- From the applications list on the IT Home page, select BMC AtriumCore > Atrium Core Console.
- Open the Reconciliation Manager by clicking the Reconciliation icon.
The History tab appears, enabling you to view a job's past and current executions by status or date.
- Highlight the most recent run of the BMC Asset Management - Sand Box job and click on the drop-down arrow on the left side of the record.
- Select the Events section bar and view the description for the RE Log File Name & Location event.
- Access the files specified in the RE Log File Name & Location event directly from the server on which the Reconciliation Engine is running.
The associated files have detailed information about the reconciliation transaction for the specified run. Use the associated information to determine and correct the root cause of the data issue.