Preserving your customized join forms and related views
If you have created a customized join form that references a field on an existing BMC Remedy ITSM form that is going to be deleted, you will have to identify your customized join forms, export related views, and re-create the fields in your join forms following an upgrade. For information about re-creating the fields, see in the BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite documentation.
To identify the customized join forms and export related views
- Log in to the server using BMC Remedy Developer Studio.
- Within the AR System Navigator view, choose Server Name > All Objects > Forms and double-click Forms to display the list of available forms on the server.
- Click the Type table header to sort the list by form type.
- Review all forms of type "Join" and identify any forms that have been added that reference existing BMC Remedy ITSM forms.
If a join form references another join form that references a BMC Remedy ITSM field, they must be identified as well.
- Right-click each of the identified forms in the list and select Export Form View....
- Enter a valid directory name and file name in the To File: field and click the Export button.
All views on the form are exported to the specified directory and file name.