Preparing your BMC Remedy ITSM data for the upgrade
Perform the following steps to prepare your ITSM data for the upgrade.
- If you have custom groups, review the Group IDs to make sure that they do not fall within the Group ID ranges that are reserved by BMC Remedy AR System.
For a list of Group ID ranges, see in the BMC Remedy AR System documentation.
- Using the
archgidutility, move Group IDs to a non-reserved range.
For more information, see .
Ensure that the following form fields have a non-zero initial database size:
Form name Field name Field ID Field length
Email Message Body
(Optional) If the fields listed in the previous step have a database size of greater than zero, modify the fields before you perform the upgrade.
If the AR System Server and BMC Remedy Developer Studio are at least version 7.6.04, modify the fields in Base Development Mode in Developer Studio.
This action ensures that unnecessary Overlays are not created. Some of the fields might be hidden.
To view hidden fields, in Developer Studio, click Show Fields Not In View.
If the fields are hidden, perform the following steps to view them:
Go to the Form menu, and click Add/Remove Fields In View.
Move the field into view, and click OK.
Make the change to the field, and hide the field using the Add/Remove Fields In View option.
- If you have customization on your Asset forms (AST forms), perform the following steps before you upgrade Remedy ITSM:
- Take a backup of your Asset customization.
- Export the form views. See .
- After upgrading the Remedy ITSM, run the Sync UI utlity. This utility creates the custom attributes on the form. For more information, see .
- Import the views on the form and check if you have all the fields back. See
- (Optional) Delete the data that is beyond the data retention period mandated by your organization as part of its audit compliance.
(Optional) If the data is not required, archive or purge the data from the following forms that accumulate non-functional data:
- NTE:Notifier Log
- CFG:Business Holidays Storage
Business Time Holidays
If you delete all records from the Business Time Holidays form but keep records in the Business Time Workdays form for a support group, users from the support group will receive errors when creating incidents. BMC suggests that you either keep or delete records in both the forms.
- NTE:SYS-NT Process control (Remove only unprocessed records)
- NTE:SYS-NTUnProcessedRecords (Remove only records older than one day)
- Server Events
AR System Email Error Logs
- AR System Email Error Messages
For more information on archiving form data, see in BMC Remedy AR System documentation.
The multi-tenancy utility might fail with timeout errors if you do not archive or purge the data from NTE:Notifier and NTE:Notifier Log forms.
Where to go from here
If you have completed the pre-upgrade tasks, go to Upgrading BMC Remedy ITSM.
|Up to process|
If you have finished upgrading the applications, return to the appropriate upgrade process: